Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Picket fence borders.

Sunday afternoon was spent putting my wildlife blocks together with the background sashing. Then I cut the pieces for the picket fence border I'm going to add to both sides. I'm using the same fabrics I used to make the drop shadows on each block. And I added a black narrow inner border to both sides.
Now my decision has to be which direction to lay the borders. Do I put them on with the background pickets facing out, or facing in?
I have to thank Dakota City Quilter for the inspiration for this border. I was having no luck in figuring out what would fit with this particular design . . . and voila, she posted about a quilt she used this picket fence on. I just knew it would be perfect for this quilt. Thanks Lori.


1 comment:

gale said...

I think I like way it is in the 2nd pic-with the points facing outward.