Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend progress

I skipped golfing this weekend and tackled some things in my sewing room.  When the weather turns nice in the late spring, I will easily admit that sometimes I would rather be outdoors that in my sewing room.  I do not garden anymore, and don't enjoy yardwork.

But I do enjoy golf.  And this would have been a nice weekend for golf. However - I made myself promise to clear up some projects laying around before indulging myself.

Here is the list of this weekend's sewing accomplishments:

  • Worked on the picket fence border for my wildlife panel quilt. I have 4 of the picket blocks left to make. Then I can add my borders to the quilt.
  • Made my Saturday Sampler block. See yesterday's post. It's really pretty.
  • Pieced a backing for my black, white, bright Saturday Sampler quilt - used up close to 4 yards of stash. Yay!!
  • Stitched together and pressed the striped binding for the elephant quilt.  It's ready to go.
  • Pulled out a bag with 4 tablerunners that are UFOs, and that I didn't even put on my recent list. I decided that these might be quick finishes.
  • UFO #1 - Finished this jungle fabric table runner made with the Waffle Time pattern.
  • UFO #2 - Finished another smaller table topper - I'll show that later this week.
  • Made one more of the selvage half square triangle blocks. 10 out of 16 are done.

No comments: