Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

I survived August

August is always our crazy month at work with schools all gearing up for a new year.  Our staff is run ragged some weeks with in-services.  I'm usually in survival mode most of the month. So I'm not surprised that I never get much accomplished in my sewing room in August.  All of my goals were small things that don't take long . . . no big finishes.


  • 3 bright green RSC14 blocks - DONE
  • mail Halloween swap blocks Done & ready to mail on Sept 15 as directed
  • put borders on Halloween table topper & sandwich for quilting Nope!
  • 5 string blocks with red centers - 10 DONE
  • finish hand quilting on Cats For All Seasons wall hanging - Not even close!
  • 3 Traveling Stars blocks DONE

I also made 5 pillowcases during August. And I got a lot of organization done on my scrap bins. 

The end result really was that I'm on track for making individual blocks for new projects and I used up 5 yards of stash on pillowcases.  And my scraps are much more under control.  But I did NOT make any progress on any UFO projects which is disappointing.  I vow to do better this fall in finishing up some of those UFOs (unfinished objects), WIPs (works in progress), and PIGS (projects in grocery sacks) that are cluttering up my creative space. 

1 comment:

Nancy said...

It's hard to sneak in sewing when so much is happening. I think you did very well with your list of goals.