Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  I'm hoping that this year will bring peace and happiness to all.
 
 
The final finish of 2016 was hiding in my handwork bag and totally forgotten until this morning. I put the binding on this Kim Diehl project while sitting in the hospital waiting room on Wednesday morning.  It's about 24" square.
 
I machine quilted this one myself with straight diagonal lines going both directions. It's funny however, that in this photo you can't see the diagonal lines going from top left down to bottom right. Wonder why that is?  Must be a trick of the light.

3 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a great final finish for 2016! I can see the diagonal stitching left to right on the bottom of the quilt, definitely the lighting!

Tired Teacher said...

Nice job! The lighting is one reason the diagonal stitching can't be seen in one direction; the other, the fabric colors - more lighter fabrics in one direction.

Happy New Year!

FabricandFlowers said...

Lovely Kim Diehl quilt. I have several Simple Whatnots I need to start.

Happy 2017!