Pages

Monday, December 11, 2017

Design Wall Monday: Farmhouse Stars progress


Sunday morning sewing brought me a step further on Farmhouse Stars.  One star out of 9 is complete. I decided to finish 4 blocks and make one of the stars just to make sure I was doing things correctly.  All of the pieces are laid out for the next 32 blocks (8 stars) and ready to sew the second round of color.  20 of them are here on my cutting board, and the other 12 are on my ironing board. 

This is a Simple Whatnots pattern by Kim Diehl.  I love the look, but it is taking me forever to finish it.  And I've promised myself that I can't start a new project until this top is done. Actually I shouldn't start anything new until I finish SOMETHING!  I realized yesterday that except for pillowcases, I haven't finished anything in over a month.  



Check out what other Design Walls hold:  http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


13 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Your scrappy block will make for a gorgeous quilt. Love it.

Tired Teacher said...

I love the pops of red and yellow in that star. This is going to be a beautiful quilt. How big is the star?

Moneik said...

I'm with you, I don't know the last time I had a finish. I'm thinking it was September! I haven't been sewing much and hoping to get back in the swing after the new year. I luckily only have 1 gift I hope to make this year, so I'm not feeling pressure to sew either.

time4stitchn said...

What a great block! So striking. And you are so organized to have all of them laid out. You will be able to get so many done!

Jean said...

Beautiful block.

Judy Hansen said...

I love the block, and you are on your way.....take tiny bites of the elephant, and soon it will be all gone! Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday - I look forward to your post next week, to see a tiny bite of progress.

Melody A. said...

Love the block and wanted to find the pattern, it is by Kim Diehl but in which book? or is it a separate pattern? I could only find kits. good luck with all your projects! Happy Holidays from Iowa

barbara woods said...

love that block

Sara said...

Melody - it is part of her newest round of Simple Whatnots patterns. So it isn't in a book yet that I know of. Probably only available in kits right now.

Gayle Bong said...

I love the farmhouse star block. Goooooood luck finishing it. I always find the more pieces in a block the more I procrastinate. Maybe focus on units in the block. Hmmm

cityquilter grace said...

i love it...can't wait to see the other blocks...very nice

Ramona said...

You look very organized! Hopefully you will zip through these fun blocks and put a finish on your list. The blocks look great!

Anonymous said...

Is there a pattern available