Pages

Friday, December 29, 2017

Sewing therapy


I was finally able to spend some time playing in my sewing room yesterday. Now that the Farmhouse Stars top is done I allowed myself to work on a couple of things.  I added borders to a recently past Saturday Sampler, and I made my 2 blocks for the current Saturday Sampler.
 
Each month we're doing 2 variations of a block. I've chosen to use my stash of black and whites and my stash of bright batiks. This month I pulled a couple of purples from the batik drawer. And I'm choosing to make mine a light/dark variation. One block will have more white and the other block will have more black. 
 
When lining them up together, I do notice that the black print I used this month reads a bit more grey than the previous ones. But that's OK. This will be a scrappy project. And now that I see them all together, I'm thinking that next month needs to have orange in it.
 

4 comments:

juliehallfeldhaus said...

It's going to be a cute quilt that someone would love to get:)

Ramona said...

Such fun blocks and fabrics! And, yes!!! Orange will just sing with these other colors.

Tired Teacher said...

Your blocks look great together. You have a nice variety of fabrics and colors so far.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Loved the photo of Grandpa reading to the kids...priceless times.
Perfect blocks as always.
Continued happy Stitching in 2018!