Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Ready for quilting

 
This was the most recent Saturday Sampler and was a mystery. I love stars of any kind so this one really appealed to me. Plus it was quite easy to assemble. But I decided that I just didn't want it to be square, so I finally got some plain borders added to the top and the bottom to change it to a rectangle. Plus the added length will make it a better option as a cuddle on the couch type of quilt.
 
I'm having this one professionally quilted as I want a simple edge-to-edge design. 

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Sara, this is one of my favorites! I remember when you were making this and the colors just spoke to me. Great idea for making it rectangular! It's a beautiful finish.

Anya said...

Very nice! I also don't like square quilts unless they are for hanging on a wall. Rectangles are much more useful.

Tired Teacher said...

It's stunning! The top and bottom borders pull the eye to the middle of the quilt.