Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Adding a splash of orange

 
OK, I really like both of these blocks. I like the design and I like the colors I used. But, they don't conform well to the light/dark versions of my previous blocks. After playing with the fabric layout a number of ways I finally decided to just go with this and not worry about having a light block and a dark block.  This will be such a busy quilt that it probably won't matter in the long run.

 
I have considered taking this block apart, and flipping those corners so the orange points outward.  That would at least make them not quite so identical. We'll see how ambitious I am.
 
Here are all 8 of the blocks so far. And the orange definitely stands out.



4 comments:

Ramona said...

Great additions to your collection!

cityquilter grace said...

are they going to be next to each other? orange is a strong color and tends to pull the eye...lovely fabrics and blocks tho...

Sara said...

Maybe changing the orange corners to black on the right side block would tone down that blast of orange.

Tired Teacher said...

Flipping the corner HSTs would be good since the other colors have some with the main color pointing out.