Pages

Monday, January 1, 2018

It's a New Year!

Doesn't it feel like anything is possible on January 1 of every new year?  I used to make resolutions that I didn't keep.  I kind of like the word "challenge" instead of resolution.  I can challenge myself to accomplish something, but can feel successful even if I only make it part way on that challenge.

So - I've once again made a list of some UFOs for American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge. You can download the form and can join the Facebook group too.  If you already joined the Facebook group last year, then you are already seeing the 2018 Challenge info.  One of the gals in the Facebook group turned the PDF form into an Excel spreadsheet to make it easy to type into it. You can find that in the Facebook group, under Files in the left side menu. 




I decided to add a second and third UFO to most months. It's not that I expect to finish all 3 each month, but it gives me some options. And I may switch out a couple of things like I did last year. For the 2017 UFO Challenge, I managed to finish 9 UFOs. Three of those were switched to other items from what I already had on the list, but that's OK too.  So having multiple projects on the list for the month with give me some flexibility.  The January number was already announced and it is #12.  I deliberately put 3 things on #12 that I want to have finished by the end of January.  Technically the blue bag was finished before midnight, so I can check that one off already. Maybe I'll get them all done in the next 30 days.  It's a challenge after all. 

 
This one is headed to Minneapolis in the mail this week for my cousin to gift to a friend.  Now, go check out what other quilters are working on for the first Design Wall Monday of 2018:  http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/





4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Thanks for the link to the challenge. I don't have a lot of UFOs. It I do have a lot of unstarted projects that I keep shuffling from one pile to another. It's time to actually DO something with them.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

That is quite a list! I'm afraid mine would be as long, that is why I don't do one. LOL Happy New Year!

LUV2SEW said...

Just what I needed. My intention is to NOT buy fabric this year. I have plenty to do, both quilting and sewing. Like the blue bag and think I will just have to make one for ME.

Cindy Quilts said...

Your bag is beautiful. What a nice gift it will be. I made one for myself and year ago and love it!