Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Scraps coming out of my ears!



I dug through the scrap bins again on Sunday afternoon looking for pieces that would work for these cracker blocks. Oh my goodness, do I have scraps!!  Lots and lots of strings, so I think I need to make another Heartstrings quilt in the near future. But also plenty of chunks that will work for these cracker blocks. I need 2 charm squares of the color for each block. Although - I cheated on that bottom black block. It was such a cute print with spools of thread, so I pieced one of the sides.  No one will notice it in a whole quilt, and I ended up with nothing wasted.

The parts for 20 new blocks are all cut and waiting for me, with 6 of those made.  I can't believe how fast these blocks are to make! A perfect thing when I only have 15-20 minutes to play.

My simple instructions for these blocks can be found on THIS POST.

5 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Scraps have a sneaky way of multiplying. The blocks are cute in those fabrics especially the bright one in the lower left. Thanks for the link.

Kat Scribner said...

What fun fabrics, this will make a joyful quilt.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sara,
Well, these blocks look so fabulously fun! I'm going to check out your tutorial and PIN it for later. ~smile~ Roseanne

Connie said...

I think that we all might be amazed at how many quilts we could make without shopping anywhere for fabric except in our scrap bins, LOL.
Your blocks are wonderful.
Happy Quilting!
Connie :)

PaintedThread said...

Neat blocks. I love how these look together!