Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Nearly enough



Laying the blocks out on the floor was very helpful although some rearranging will need to happen yet.  This jelly roll quilt will be big enough for a good sized throw if I finish that bottom row. So I need 3 more red blocks and 2 more green blocks.

I "wasted" a non-working day yesterday and didn't do any sewing at all.  I had doctor appointments and errands to run in the morning, and then spent the afternoon sitting in the sunshine (indoors) and read a book.  There are 2 ground level windows in my basement sewing room and I wanted to be able to SEE that sunshine! My family room has a south wall of windows, and in the winter - yes it's still winter here - the sun pours in and warms that room.  This was the first sun we've seen in a week, so I sat in my rocking chair next to those windows with a good book all afternoon. I watched a couple of bunnies playing, and saw a couple of rooster pheasants strutting around in the back yard. Everyone wanted to enjoy the sun.  Very relaxing, and I think the sun has melted a little bit of funk from my attitude. 

It was sunny again this morning when I got up, but now the clouds have moved back in. But at least it's not raining or snowing today.  Like much of the country we are expecting unseasonable cold and rain for Easter weekend.  Maybe I'll get those last 5 blocks made on Saturday while it rains again.

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Oooh, I love all the "movement" the block setting gives this quilt.

I soaked up some sunshine yesterday, too. I sat by the window and knit as I listened to an audio book. Today, it is dreary and trying to rain or snow.

Ramona said...

This is going to such a fun quilt. I need to take an afternoon and read. It is taking me forever to get through my current book because once I get into bed, I read a page and turn off the light. Sitting in the warm sun is wonderful!