Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Saturday Sampler



I really love going to Saturday Sampler each month. First of all, the Show n' Tell is always amazing and inspirational.  And the demo teaches us new techniques or reinforces techniques that we maybe don't always remember to do correctly.  Even though I've been quilting for over 30 years I still learn new things at Saturday Sampler and other classes. And it is an opportunity to experiment with colors and blocks.

This Saturday Sampler has encouraged us to "shop our stash".  Since I have a lot of black and whites, and a lot of brights in the stash that is what I've chosen to use. I've pulled different brights each month.  And since each month we are doing 2 variations of the block, I've been trying to make a light and a dark version.  This month's block is called Homemade Ice Cream and I used a coral batik, with a slightly lighter coral in this second block.  This might be my favorite block so far from the group.



Summer Watermelon Sampler is the name of the sampler program, but my fabric choices say nothing about watermelon.  But they might be kind of summery with all of the bright colors. The only block I'm not sure I like is the one with the green. It should have black where the green is and more yellow in those corners. 

2 comments:

Ramona said...

These blocks are so cheerful! Love the bright colors with the black and white fabrics.

Tired Teacher said...

Beautiful! Isn't it amazing how switching the placement of the fabric changes the entire block.