Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Another patriotic block



Digging through the stash to see what other patriotic fabrics I've been hoarding collecting has also given me the chance to reorganize them a bit and make sure I'm keeping them all together. I have a lot of blue, but not much for prints. However there was about a half yard of the star print and it needed to come out and play.

This is actually the Saturday Sampler block pattern from last month. It's called Homemade Ice Cream and looks a little like the dasher in an ice cream churn.  I like it in red, cream, and blue just as well as my original fabric choice.  EDITED NOTE:  This is a 12.5" block so all of the pieces are cut 2.5" wide, and center is cut 4.5" square. 

I also cut and prepped a pillowcase from some of the other pieces in that patriotic stash.  It can be used for a future presentation pillowcase once I get it sewn. 


2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Pretty block! I love the cream background with the red and blue.

Anonymous said...

What are the sizes of the stipes, and blockes.