Pages

Friday, April 6, 2018

More yellow

 
Only one more yellow Ritzy Cracker block made - a bright yellow print with oranges on it.  Three more were cut out but I just didn't get that far.  And I have 4 more yellow fabrics to work with.  Yellow and gold are the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color for April. My yellow choices were a bit limited as it isn't one of my "go to" colors. Maybe it should be however, because these are really happy blocks and sure brighten up the pile of blocks I've made so far.
 
This might be the only sunshine I see this weekend since we are expecting more snow on Sunday. And today we may see a high only in the 20s.

7 comments:

Ramona said...

I don't have a lot of yellow, either, but it does bring a lot of light into quilts. We are supposed to have snow here tomorrow, too. And it's 70 degrees today. It's some crazy weather.

Tired Teacher said...

I have less than a half yard of one yellow fabric. It's just not a color I purchase or use much. It's dreary, cold, and windy here today - a good day to sew.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Yellow is fun to sew with, and your yellows are going to make some pretty blocks!

Cathy said...

I love that yellow with oranges fabric. Your cracker blocks are always so fun. Three cheers for yellow - it carries more than its weight in cheerfulness and sunshine!

Ivani said...

This is a fun block to make and the orange fabrick is just perfect for it.

Cathy said...

You are right...those yellow Ritzy Crackers are a nice ray of sunshine on an otherwise cold gray day!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

those Ritzy Crackers are fantastic, and I love those already cut and ready to join the parade.