Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Random Saturday sewing



Sailboat Excursion - I'm not sure I see where this block name originated.  But I like the simplicity of the design. These are latest Saturday Sampler blocks.  The layout is pretty simple, with a reversal of the light and dark fabrics in the second block. Each unit of these blocks was just a simple half square triangle.



And I finished the presentation pillowcase from my stash of patriotic fabrics.  This can be used with one of our guild Quilts of Valor.  I finally feel like I've made a little progress in using up some of the big stash of fabric I've collected over the years.  It's not a huge dent, but it is progress.

4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Hmm, I wonder if whoever named the block had a vivid imagination. I like the block, though. The pillowcase is nice. Happy sewing

Laura said...

That block may be simple, but it sure has dynamic possibilities!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice use of April's Color of the Month for the RSC!!

scraphappy said...

Yellow and black look great together.