Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

My first goal for May

The new APQ UFO Challenge number drawn for May is #6.  There are 3 items on my list for that number, and one of them is already done.  But that still leaves me with 2 small UFOs to finish plus finishing up the April UFOs.  So here is my first goal for the month - finishing a bag.

There is a red Sew Together bag sitting around in parts and pieces. I used it as a class sample when I taught a couple of classes on this bag, but I just never finished it.  And if I were to be honest, there is also another sample bag in pieces from the same classes.  At least the red one has been started and shouldn't take long to finish. 



The outside cover is lightly quilted.  Two of the 3 inside pockets are done.  The third pocket needs its lining and zipper, and then the sides, handles, and top zipper need to be added.  This one is mostly French General fabrics and has a more elegant look than the other one that is started. 

The second bag has a cover made of selvages - and that is all that is done. In this case I haven't decided yet on any fabrics for the inside pockets or the sides, and I haven't chosen zippers.  I think it needs to be bright colors for the handles, ends and inside of this bag.  And maybe different color zippers on each pocket just for a fun surprise inside. 


There are 3 more sets of zippers, so I could keep making bags.  But I doubt that will happen any time soon.  Tan, dark brown, and grey all seem too tame and boring for the selvage bag, so these may just go back into the drawer for future bags. There is a grey "fish" fat quarter that I recently received as a gift. It would be perfect with the grey zippers - some day.

 



3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

French General fabrics are definitely elegant and attractive and will make a beautiful bag. The selvage bag will be fun with bright fabrics and a variety of zipper colors. Have fun finishing these UFOs.

Ramona said...

Your reds are going to make a beautiful bag! You are right... the selvage piece needs something fun and bright to go with it.

woolyjooly said...

Was the grey fish fabric the one I got for you in SE MN? Love the French General fabric we saw in New Ulm in 2016 . . Those zipper bags are the BOMB. You really could sell them to knitters by the dozens. LOVE mine for accessories and needles.