Pages

Monday, December 2, 2019

Design Wall Monday - La Caribe

My Design Wall is actually the family room floor for this project.  It's nice to be able to lay these out and then "live" with them for a few hours until I've determined that each block is exactly where I want it.  Then my numbered pins will come out and each row will be collected and identified for sewing.  I hope to get some of the rows together this week but we'll see if that happens. 


This is the layout for La Caribe - a variation of the Hunter's Star.  It's found in Deb Tucker's book Hidden Treasures and uses her Rapid Fire Hunter's Star ruler.  My variation used 8 colored fabrics plus a background. I chose Kaffe Fassett fabrics in hot pink, and a light grey background. I plan to purchase enough yardage of one of these pink prints to add a border. I think I have enough of the grey for a narrow inside border too.

What is on your Design Wall this morning?  https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


7 comments:

Ramona said...

What a fun design! You know I love your fabric choices since it's Kaffe! Beautiful!

cityquilter grace said...

this just gets better and better....beautiful!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is beautiful!! and the bright colors are wonderful ( especially after all that snow right?)

Laura said...

I have this book, but I haven't made anything out of it yet. Your quilt looks great!

Tired Teacher said...

Wow, what a fabulous layout! Love the colors. Your border plan sounds perfect.

Bonnie said...

Super fun quilt. Hum, even though I see Debbie at the Mid Atlantic Quilt Show I didn't realize she had a book out. Must check it out when next I am at a quilt store or the show.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh My!! IT is beautiful!! The pretties quilt I have seen in awhile! :)