Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Blocks, blocks and more procrastinating

 Six more Rail Fence blocks were finished on Tuesday after work.  And more strips were organized to make a few more.  I want enough to put together 1 more Rail Fence QOV kit.


These make really easy Leader/Ender sewing.


One more block for Saturday Sampler is complete too.  This one is called Spinning Star. Wouldn’t it be pretty in red, white, and blue?  


The last block for Autumn Wonders was released on Wednesday, bringing the final total to 9 blocks.  I made the fall colors block (center row left side), and then made a snap decision on layout.  For the fall version I'm basically using Pat Sloan's layout, except I made regular Flying Geese for the dividers instead of scrappy HSTs.  The second divider strip needs to be finished yet. Each of the 9 blocks needed 1.5" frames, so that happened on Wednesday as well.  I had this large bag full of autumn fabrics, and so far everything here has come out of the bag.  

Note - the red, white, blue version of the block MIGHT happen today. 


I really had most of the day Wednesday to just sew.  I did go get my flu shot and Covid shot, but otherwise once my husband left to go visit a job site for work - I went downstairs and just sewed, sewed, sewed.  In between the Autumn Wonders sewing I made these 12 additional Rail Fence blocks for QOV from the strips set aside the day before.


And then 3 more joined the pile cut from scraps in the QOV scrap bin.  If I've counted correctly, I need 9 more of these for a complete quilt top.  

5 comments:

Kate said...

So glad you got a sew day. The rail fence blocks are going to make a fun quilt and so will those autumn blocks. Hope you get in a lot more stitching time this week. Did you have any reaction to getting both vaccinations at the same time? I was a bit off the day after getting mine.

Vicki in MN said...

Only 9 more rail fence blocks needed, you'll have those done in no time! You really do need to make a spinning star QOV quilt, it will be so pretty!!

Ramona said...

You always have such pretty things being made in your sewing room. Isn't it wonderful to have days when you can just sew!!??

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Rail Fence blocks are fun to make. I used most of mine to make Mary’s Patriotic Rail Fence
https://maryquilts.com/new-patriotic-rail-fence/

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are brave getting the flu shot and covid shot the same day:) Pretty blocks!