Pages

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Quilts of Valor awards

 Three more Quilts of Valor were awarded last weekend.


This was an extra special QOV project - one that I worked on personally.  My friend nominated her husband and her brother for QOV via the qovf.org website, and because she's also a quilter she wanted to help make their quilts.  So we met for lunch, chose a block pattern, and did some planning.  She made half the blocks and I made half the blocks for both quilts. 

However, because my friend is also a veteran with 15 years of service, I wanted to surprise her with her own Quilt of Valor.  I made that one myself, using the scrappy red, white, and blue Twinkle Star blocks I had made over the last year.  

She planned to surprise the guys with their quilts at a big family Thanksgiving celebration.  My surprise was that there were 3 quilts to award - and I did completely surprise her.   

6 comments:

Kate said...

What a great QOV surprise. All three quilts turned out beautifully!

Tired Teacher said...

Beautiful quilts!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow that was an awesome surpise for her! Way to go!!

cityquilter grace said...

awesome presentation!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I LOVE THIS STORY!!!
what a cool way to make these quilts so special to each one of them - you have the best heart!!!

woolyjooly said...

Wonderful, Sara!!!