Pages

Monday, August 12, 2024

Design Wall Monday - August 12

Another week!  Wasn't it just Monday yesterday?


Sunday afternoon I went to the local community theater production with a friend.  This was the second Church Basement Ladies production I've been to.  So delightful - especially if you grew up in a rural Minnesota community in the 50s or 60s.  These plays are right out of my childhood - uffda!!  So funny and the music was great.


The 3rd clue for the Tranquility mystery is nearing the finish line.  Two of the 8 blocks are finished, and the remaining 6 should be easily done today. It will be interesting to start seeing how these all will work together.  That's the fun of a mystery.


Saturday Sampler is NOT a mystery this year.  We know exactly how it should look when finished.  This month we are making only 4 blocks, but they are the center of the quilt.  My block parts are all cut out, so I should be able to finish these today too.  

Once these monthly blocks are done - hopefully today - then I'm going to see what strikes my fancy to work on next.  There are several projects in the queue, just waiting . . .

*  determine a layout for the 16-patch churn dash blocks
*  finish up some QOV blocks that are kitted up
*  hand stitch a binding on a UFO quilt
* make binding for another quilt
*  play with more orange for RSC blocks
* cut out the autumn door hanger project

I'll probably go through Olympic withdrawal this week.  I watched a lot of great Olympic events while sewing the past couple of weeks.  One of my goals last week was to finish a bag I've been working on. Well, that didn't happen. I did get the 2 big sections quilted so there was a little bit of progress.  But I'm rethinking how I want the handles to be made, so I've set aside  all of it while I figure those out.

I'm linking up with Design Wall Monday . . .

I'm also linking up with Monday Musings . . .

7 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That play sounds like fun!!!
and YAY for working on some blocks!!

Bonnie said...

Looks like you have a lot of "kits" ready to sew on. I tend to cut lots of blocks and then sit down to sew another day. Lots of choices for you this week. Have a great one.

Vicki in MN said...

Looking forward to seeing what you decide to work on next. We didn't get any channels for the olympics last week at the campground so I didn't see any of it.

Nann said...

I saw the original Church Basement Ladies some years ago. William Christopher (MASH) played the minister. I still remember "the dead spread" for a funeral luncheon. We watched hours of Olympics, too!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I went to a Church Basement production while visiting my sister in North Dakota - so much fun!

Kate said...

Grad Girl was complaining about heading back to work today, she worked over the weekend so wasn't ready for Monday. Sounds like you have some really fun projects to choose from this week. Happy stitching.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have always wanted to see one of the Church Basement ladies plays. I bet you enjoyed it! I watched a bit of the Olympics but not much.