Pages

Friday, August 16, 2024

New ideas

 Aren't quilters just the BEST kind of people? They so generously share ideas - and I know that a good share of the inspiration for my quilting ideas come from the quilters I follow online - via Facebook, blogs, and other social media.


My friend Nancy at Wyoming Breezes gave me a whole new idea of what to do with 2 sets of blocks I have going.  She suggested the suitcases would work well with the car blocks I have using the Row By Row license plates. 

Of course I immediately went to my sewing room, pulled out the project box with the car blocks and grabbed the hanger holding the suitcase blocks. The car blocks are the same width as the suitcases, but an inch shorter top to bottom.  The suitcases could be easily trimmed to the same shape. No problem.  Suitcases are all on scrappy beige background, and the cars on scrappy white backgrounds - again, no problem.   

There are more suitcases then cars, but there are also some additional car blocks in the box that are not finished.  No problem - I'll continue to make blocks.  This might just have to be on my 2025 UFO/PHD lists which would push me to get this one made.  

What do you think?  Would it need sashing?  A different layout?

I'm excited to have a plan in mind finally, but am being realistic too.  I won't be diving in to sew these blocks together right away because there are too many other projects in progress.  But for now I can do some planning.     

5 comments:

Nann said...

What fun! I think no sashing -- let them float.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great idea!

Vicki in MN said...

I like the idea of mixing those blocks and using a small sashing with a corner stone even.

piecefulwendy said...

I'm with Vicki, I think sashing and a corner stone might be fun. What a cute quilt idea!

Kate said...

Definitely a winning combo. I'd definitely sash them with something bright and fun.