Pages

Monday, October 21, 2024

Design Wall Monday - Oct. 21

 My design wall this morning holds my Saturday Sampler block pieces for this month.  I have the first 4 blocks made, and have the remaining 4 started.



The flying geese that make up the star points are done with the "4 at a time" method.  These have not even needed any trimming as they are so accurate.


Once I have the Saturday Sampler blocks done, I'm going to cut the parts needed for our next Sew Vintage group project.  I'll need a bunch of 2.5" squares cut from these fabrics to make a Christmas ornament when the group meets again.  

One of my goals this fall has been to make some of the kits I have purchased and set aside.  Those are the PIGs (projects in grocery sacks) that I've added to my UFO list.  This one is a small kit, made using the Lori Holt Spelling Bee book.  It should look very cute in my sewing room.

I'm working on some bindings in the evenings as well.  One is for a Quilt of Valor and the other is for a UFO kid sized quilt. And there will be at least a couple more of the blue/white Twinkler blocks added to the pile. 

I'll be linking up with Design Wall Monday today and Monday Musings.


3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

You will whip right through those star blocks and onto the cute 'CREATE' project.

Nann said...

Working on little things adds up to a lot done! I especially like the sewing banner.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That Create runner is adorable! Looks Iike it will be fun to work on!