Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Under the Pines finish and our social calendar

After a crazy busy weekend without any stitching time, it feels good to get back into a more normal routine again.  I do have a small finish to report from Friday afternoon . . .  

Under the Pines table runner is done!!  This was made with a kit purchased on a shop hop last summer, designed by Heather Peterson.  I left out the snowflake block in the middle of the pattern so it would fit on my dining table better.  It's all ready for Christmas.

It seems like weeks pass by with nothing on either of our "social" calendars.  I'm not even sure we actually have social calendars any more.  But from Friday evening until Monday morning we had a very full calendar.  Full and fun!

Friday evening was spent at a new restaurant in town with 2 other couples that we don't see often enough.  Wish I had some photos of us all to share, but we were too busy catching up - and eating.  

There is a picture of my enormous margarita however. When you need 2 hands to hold the glass, you know there won't be a need for a second one.  Delish!!!  I went home in a food coma I think.  And with enough yummy leftovers for my supper Sunday evening.

Bright and early Saturday morning I was on the road to meet up with a daughter and granddaughter for a road trip to a swim meet.  Dave was on the road to watch the other granddaughter in day #1 of a softball tournament.  I had a brief visit with the SIL and the grandsons before we left to drive to Sioux City.  Olivia swam well, winning her heat in 2 events . . . but I really don't have any photos.  I did video 3 of her 6 events for her. 

Then Sunday morning my husband and I were on the road (together for a change) at sunrise to go to day #2 of Sophia's fastpitch softball tournament.  Good thing we were both bundled up in layers because it was only 47 degrees when they started their first game.  Brrrr!!!  The girls won their first game, but then ran up against the #1 seed in their bracket and lost the second.  Again - no photos!!   I need to get better at getting photos of those grandkids before they are all grown up. 

No comments: