Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Mid week check-in


The final 4 Saturday Sampler blocks for this month are done.  Sawtooth Stars are such quick and easy blocks to make when they are 12" finished.  No small pieces are a part of this year's Saturday Sampler project.  All of the blocks are finishing at 12".


There are now 18 of these Twinkler blocks, with 3 more cut out and ready to sew this week.  The blue is all from a jelly roll, but the backgrounds are scrappy white-on-white prints. 

The "Create" banner is all sewn together.  Unless I decide to add a border around the outside before quilting it.  I think it needs something.


It's long and narrow, only about 8" tall but about 37" long.  I had to cut the top and bottom background borders narrower than the pattern called, because I ran out of fabric.  So now I'm toying with the idea to add about a 2" border with a brown print very similar in scale to the colorful ones in the letters.  These are all in that realm of 30s reproductions, which I love.


On the far right end is a tiny (6") sewing machine block.  Those yellow strips are for the binding.  The letters and the sewing machine are all from the Spelling Bee book by Lori Holt.  I have no plan yet on how I want to quilt this banner, but I'm sure something will come to mind.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice projects!

Nann said...

The 12" stars in solids will allow for some nifty quilting patterns. I like the blue-and-white blocks a lot.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

your just moving long nicely!!! LOVE those star blocks and the colors!