Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Mid-week

Today is a monthly lunch with former coworkers - retired of course.  Last month we got a new member of the group who is newly retired.  And now I feel really old because she was one of my own students (high school).  She did retire a bit younger than most of us, but still . . . it makes me feel like time has gotten away from me.


The procrastination on Salt Water Taffy has ended.  The blocks have been layed out, rearranged, and now are pinned into rows.  There were 84 blocks, which means I have 4 left over - plus a bunch of the solid jelly roll strips.  Some of the strips could possibly become a scrappy binding. 


Progress is steady on the paper pieced fall mini banner.  It has a turkey and 2 acorn blocks, all in a 10 x 26 vertical banner.  I've reached the quilting stage. which will be kept very simple.  The binding in that dusty purple in the turkey feather.  I hope to get it bound today, but probably won't hang this one up until October since it has a Thanksgiving vibe to it. 


This kit had a lot of extra fabric in it.  This is all leftover, so it will go into the brown and orange scrap baskets.  None of these pieces are large, but they're too big to just throw away.


The yellow version of Who Found the Catnip has been cut out, and arranged on a design board now that the paper piecing isn't on the board.  If I had been thinking I would have cut the pieces needed for next month's purple block at the same time.  It's almost September after all, so I could have saved some time. 

No comments: