Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Design Wall Monday - Twister


My husband left on a business trip Sunday morning so I had a very quiet house. Naturally that made it an ideal afternoon to play in my sewing room.  I cut into some Minnesota Shop Hop fat quarters and this is what I ended up working on.


It's amazing to me that a simple grid of charm squares plus a Twister ruler ends up with these cool pinwheels.  So here is the grid before using the ruler. . .


Once I had the pinwheel section done I kept fussing with the fat quarters I still had left.  I added a narrow red piping with the same red in the center pinwheel.  And this is the result. Too bad I didn't buy any yardage of the black and white print in the border with the loons and pine trees.  It is really a pretty print.  Now I need to decide if this will become a pillow (about 22" square) or maybe a wallhanging. And I've used up most of 4 fat quarters - Yay!


I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday on Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I love the black and white with the pops of red!

Ramona said...

Sara, what a great little quilt! The tree and loon fabric is wonderful. I, too, love the pops of red. Beautiful!

Tired Teacher said...

Great job! Black and red always look great together.

I've never used the Twister ruler, but I do like the end result.

Kate said...

Love the red with the black, white, and gray!