Pages

Thursday, February 1, 2024

A final green finish for January

There are always quilts that are just "OK" when they are just tops, but turn out to be really pretty once they are quilted.  Well, the green star quilt is one of those.


This photo doesn't do it justice at all.  I tried outside yesterday, but kept getting a mix of sunshine and shadow.  I'm not complaining about sunshine mind you, but it wasn't cooperating for a good photo shoot.  So I had my husband hold it up indoors for it's picture. 

The blocks were the 9" version of the 2023 Sewcialites 2 sew-along.  It has a scrappy green binding.  All greens and creams, which is definitely the first time I've used this color combo.  Might be the only time for this color combo.  But, the texture of the quilting is wonderful. 

10 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The star was a good and different way to arrange the blocks. The quilting is very nice, happy stitching!

Ramona said...

I'm not a huge fan of sampler quilts, but this one is beautiful. Great finish!

Kate said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

Anonymous said...

I love the green and cream combination. Creating a star from the blocks is brilliant!

Astrid said...

Congrats on the finish! Beautiful quilt and I love the star design.

Vicki in MN said...

I think it was a great combination of color, turned out gorgeous.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I have made more than one quilt that I didn't love until it was quilted and bound! Sounds like this is one of those for you. I really like the green and cream combo - it turned out beautifully! Do you have plans for this one?

Tired Teacher said...

Such a pretty quilt - I like the design.

Chantal said...

For someone who wasn't too keen on the colour combo, you sure did a wonderful finish. A lot of quilters would have just abandoned the project but you did something great! I love the star layout. Bravo! ;^)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I think that is a really great quilt. I like the way you set all those blocks!