Pages

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

To Do Tuesday - clean up

I have a haircut and manicure appointment this afternoon, but hope to get some sewing and organizing done this morning before I go.  Yesterday's organizing actually ended up making a bigger mess than I began with. 


This canvas cube held Quilt of Valor fabrics - some yardage and some scraps.  But it had overflowed onto the floor recently.  Why do I allow that to happen?


In that cube were a few orphan blocks too, including a few 9-patch blocks.  When the sorting began it made sense to kit up a few new Split Back Star blocks using some of those larger scraps, and some additional 9-patch blocks using smaller scraps.  I think these 9-patch blocks would make excellent centers for star blocks in the future. 

There are now 3 stacks of yardage all folded up neatly - one stack for reds, one blues, and one is light neutrals.  Today's task needs to be finishing the sort of these and to put all the yardage into a larger bin with a lid, and just use this cube for QOV scraps.  Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

It always seems that cleaning up makes a bigger mess initially. Looks like you made good progress.