Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Progress on a few fronts.

Highest on my To Do list today is to finish packing the things I need for the quilt retreat as I'll be leaving in the morning.  Sewing machine, 4' folding table, extension cord and power strip - and more projects than I'll have time to do.  Then there is the food. Each of us paired up with another person to plan and bring one meal.  Fat Quarters for a game, and some fun items for give away or exchange.  And finally - my overnight bag with PJs and other essentials.

The clean-up of the Quilt of Valor fabric mess is done.  The small scraps went back into the canvas cube, and the yardage and bigger scraps went into a much larger bin.  It felt so good to get that mess up off the floor and organized again so I can find things. 

I've worked on the quilting of Better Together, and am really hoping to finish the quilting and add binding later today.  There are free motion hearts in various sizes going in between the heart border and the birds.  But we'll see what I actually get accomplished. 

Block #6 of the Riley Blake Design challenge was posted on Tuesday.  It's by Jennifer Long, and called Bloom Where You Are Planted. It's a cute block but I'm thinking my pinks needed higher contrast.  Or maybe it is just too much pink in one block. 

So far I've kept up with the Riley Blake blocks.  They post one per week for 16 weeks.  I'm using 30s prints again plus backgrounds with subtle print.  Paying more attention to color balance will be important as the next blocks are shared.  Right now they look a little boring together and need some orange, some purple, more blue and maybe some brown. 

On Tuesday, I picked up Scrappiness Is Happiness from the quilter.  It needs trimming and binding but those tasks will need to wait for next week.  My plan is to do a scrappy binding.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Better together turned out beautifully. Your bloom block is really cute. Congrats on keeping up. It's a challenge to keep up with so many different projects each year.