Pages

Saturday, February 17, 2024

RSC24 - Week #7

 I think today will be a fun day, including taking some grandkids to the Jackrabbit basketball game with us this afternoon.  The boys love to see "dunks" but this is a women's game so they'll have to just enjoy the fun atmosphere - and the snacks.


With the 2 new red Brighten blocks from this week there are now 20 of them.  Since these are just 10" blocks I'll need a lot more. 


There was a good sized chunk of this fun red polka dot in the Red stash drawer, so I had some fun with it.  A Stashbuster block and another Windmill block happened.   


I also used a piece of that dot for the front of a new zippered pouch.  The rest of that fabric went back into the stash.  I think this pouch will be used as a door prize at a retreat next weekend.


String Bead blocks in red . . .


I've been using pages from old phone books for the foundation of these.  So far there are 6 green ones, 4 red ones, 1 pink, and 1 aqua.  Lots and lots more will be needed. 

I imagine there are a lot of great inspiration to be found at RSC today . . .

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lots of good red blocks! how you are making that last block you show is something I should do - so many scraps I will never get rid of them all!

Kate said...

You definitely made the most of your red scraps. Enjoy the game and the grandkids.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That red with the dots is fabulous - I want some! You've made a lot of fun blocks this week. Maybe those women will surprise you and dunk some! Have fun!

Nann said...

You find the most interesting series of blocks! Love your reds. Hope the best team wins today.

lornaquilts said...

Love your brighten blocks! Where can I find that pattern?

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many RED scraps sprinkled throughout your week, Sara!! Lovely progress.

Jenny said...

Lovely red blocks. The bead block is one I have admired for a while now.