Pages

Monday, February 19, 2024

Design Wall Monday - Feb 19 - Getting organized

 OK - I'm not really organizing my whole sewing room, but I am trying to get the projects and supplies organized that I want to take to the retreat later in the week.


Since the box of random 5" charms was a BIG mess, and because I made it even worse looking for some to use for Windmill Blades - this is where I'm starting to organize.


The box is all neat again, and I pulled out a few good neutrals to use with those Windmill Blade blocks next month.  See what I might be doing with them HERE


Retreat Project #1 - Shamrock 20" pillow cover. 
I wanted everything prepped for this St Patrick's Day pillow before going to the retreat so I can quilt the front and assemble the pillow at the retreat.  I cut and ironed on the applique, and will finish the blanket stitching this week.  My small machine that I take to retreats doesn't have as nice of a blanket stitch so it makes sense to do it ahead of time.  


Retreat Project #2 - Bargello Tree Skirt
This is a kit that I purchased last fall and is actually on my PHD list for 2024.  I really want this done to replace the 30 year old tree skirt I've been using at Christmas.


The pieces are all cut and organized so I can just begin to sew.  The kit actually has printed batting to do a "quilt as you go" process after the wedges are made.  

There are several more things set aside to take to the retreat.  Plus it's hard telling what else I might find that I want to work on while I have the chance.

* baby quilt begun at my daughter's house
* Easter bench pillow
* 2 seasonal mini quilts (12")
* Indigo Way (Bonnie Hunter mystery)

I'm linking up with Design Wall Monday . . .
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

It makes sense to neaten in small doses. (Note to self -- neaten something in the studio today!) I always bring easy projects to retreats -- then I can talk and stitch. Your bargello tree skirt is going to be gorgeous. Pick a couple more projects in case you get tired of one or finish those two. Have a great time.

Kate said...

You've got some fun projects picked out for the retreat.

Nann said...

Yeah, let me know how that organizing concept works out. LOL! Meanwhile: the bargello tree skirt looks wonderful!

Tired Teacher said...

Great retreat projects! I usually take more than I think I’ll need, and generally work on the extras, too. Have fun!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love than tree skirt it should be so pretty. have fun at your retreat!

cityquilter grace said...

bit of organization is always a boost....love those windmill blocks!