Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

One little finish


In the bottom of the project box with all the leftover fabric, was a selection of embellishments in little zip lock bags that I must have collected when we were doing the Gingerbread Joy pattern for Saturday Sampler.  The quilt had a red/aqua color scheme.  And there were little buttons just the right color of aqua.  So . . . here she is, all done!!  She's only 12" square, but it's still very nice to have a finish.  


One flimsy can be checked off my To Do list too.  Enough triangle units to make 2 identical runners were on my sewing table, but so far I've only found time to get one of these sewn.  Hopefully this afternoon I can get the other one done and then find batting and backing for them both from my stash.  

The last Wednesday of each month is lunch with the retired group from the school.  Today we're meeting at a little spot - mix of gas station/convenience store/lunch counter - that serves the best Hot Beef special.  Roast beef and gravy, mashed potatoes, veggie, and dessert.  It's a generous portion meant to fill up the local farmers who frequent this place, so usually a couple of us share a serving.  Yum!!  I'm looking forward to a tasty lunch with my former coworkers.

No comments: