Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Just a little snow day sewing




We woke up to fresh snow and no school locally. Normally I would just work from home on a day like this, because my office is in our neighborhood elementary school building. By 10:00 am the snow has stopped and our street has been plowed.

However - I am WAY over my contracted days already, had no scheduled school visits or webinars or conference calls - so I decided it was the perfect oppportunity to take some ME time. How's that for rationale? I'm lucky that my schedule is flexible enough to do this occasionally.

I used some time this morning to get up-to-date on my fat quarter stars blocks in 1 of my 2 fabric choices. Here is block 8 done in Kate Spain's Terrain. It looks complicated but wasn't too bad. The tough part was laying it out so the star spins.

Block 9 follows and this one is really different from the others because it has the 2 stars kind of snuggled together. The designer is celebrating her twin babies due soon with this block.

And finally I have to show off the 9 blocks done so far in the Far Quarter Stars quilt-along. See the button on my sidebar to check it out.

Can't wait for each new block that is posted every other Tuesday!


1 comment:

Quiltingranny said...

Wow! I lazed around on our 2 snow days!