Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

More fat quarter stars


Here are my FQS blocks 8 and 9 done in the Ellie II fabric.

Block 8 is called the Easy Spinning Star. It looks complicated but went together very easy. The key for me was laying it all out before starting to sew. The original had about 5 different fabrics in it but I chose to stick with 3 colors. I really love this block.


Block 9 is a "twin star" block called Make Mine a Double. The original pattern called for the background fabric in the centers of both stars, but I used one of my fat quarter fabrics. It turned out OK - but doesn't WOW me! I have the same fabric with a white background and I keep thinking now that I should have made the center lighter so the stars show up better. Maybe I will still make that change before putting the quilt top together. I have time to decide since there are at least 3 more blocks to go.



No comments: