This is NOT the best photo, but I needed to capture some progress. These are the blue stars that I won over a year ago during the previous Saturday Sampler.These blue stars were the bonus blocks. I've tried out a couple of different ideas, but just never quite made up my mind about what I wanted to do with them.
Yesterday I pulled out some white that was in my stash for the sashing strips. I pulled out a blue snowflake fabric to make cornerstones. This will give a bit of a floating impressions. I'm also toying with the idea of putting a top and bottom border on this quilt using more of the snowflake fabric. And I need to dig out more white from my stash for the setting triangles.
I still have 2 blocks left and my plan is to make a pieced back and use those in the back. Or I may make them into a pillow sham to go with the quilt.