Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Easily distracted



Can you guess what has distracted me today?  It's a Lone Star quilt pattern done with jelly roll strips.

Last night I was looking at random quilt ideas online and I saw this easy Lone Star pattern.  Bonus - it was FREE.  The Lone Star has been on my "someday" list for a long time.  And when I needed a break from the computer screen and invoices this afternoon I went into my sewing room to see if I had any possible jelly roll strips - with evening sewing in mind.  However, once I found these patriotic strips, I thought - "just sew one strip set" to see how easy it goes together.

You know what happened next.  One strip set became 3, then I just had to cut the 45 degree sections, and next thing I knew an hour had flown by.  One diamond unit is sewn and the other 7 are all ready to go. Maybe this evening I'll find a cream background in my stash. 

I need to get back to work or I'll never get these invoices out and the project budgets updated!! 

Check out the free pattern at the link below:
https://jordanfabrics.com/pages/free-lone-star-pattern

3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

This is going to be gorgeous quilt! Thanks for the link to the pattern. The video is very informative, too, especially for cutting directions.

Do you have the flag diamonds in the wrong position on the right hand star point?

Sara said...

Yes - I better turn those sections around before I start sewing them together. Thanks for noticing and mentioning it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It will be very pretty! :) Sometimes distracting projects are fun ones:)