Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Saturday Sampler block



This block is called Afternoon Siesta in our Saturday Sampler pattern.  It's really a variation of a log cabin, and we were cautioned to pay close attention as we made this one.  The pieces don't simply "go around" the center block in this variation. But the end result still looks like a traditional log cabin.

We only had 1 block this month, instead of the 2 we have been doing.  August will be our last month with 2 more blocks and then we'll have a reveal in September with the next Saturday Sampler previewed.  I'm not sure I'll have a quilt top to reveal in September because I'm still not sure I'm going to use the alternate blocks and layout in the pattern.  I just can't decide how I want to lay this out. 

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I like this block, and I love the black, red, and white together. It's going to be a stunning quilt.

Ramona said...

I love that pop of red with the white and black.