Pages

Monday, September 9, 2019

Design Wall Monday- pineapples

Since I've been finishing some things lately I rewarded myself with a new project. It's a small project but is mostly paper pieced so it might be a slow one.


I've had a pineapple block on my "someday" list for a long time, but just never was quite brave enough to attempt it.  A few months ago the Sew Sampler box from Fat Quarter Shop had all the makings for - yes, a pineapple wall hanging.  Pattern, paper piecing paper, 2 charm packs of bright happy colors.  Everything except the background was included and I had plenty of background in my stash. The white strips are leftover from a white-on-white jelly roll and the centers are a solid white.  


Paper piecing is one of those things that I enjoy in small doses.  This wall hanging has 12 blocks so it shouldn't be too tough.  I've never used the pads of pre-printed paper before. I really liked that these had shading where the colors went so it was easy to follow and not get confused.  One block is done with 11 more to go.


Check out what other quilters are working on this Monday - https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/



4 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

Your pineapple is lovely! Yes, the shading is a big help. I used to put a crayon or colored pencil scribble on each foundation patch to help me keep the colors straight for paper piecing, and then when I upgraded from EQ7 to EQ8 I was pleasantly surprised to see that now the foundation paper piecing patterns all print in color. Now I don't have to color the papers myself after printing them anymore! Paper piecing is so much more fun when you don't have to unsew pieces that got stitched down in the wrong place! Have fun with your wall hanging.

Moneik said...

I love paper piecing in small doses.

Tired Teacher said...

Nice block. I've only done two paper-pieced projects: it was enjoyable but I'm not a fan of big projects.

Judy Hansen said...

Lovely....makes me want to get my pineapple block project out of the "naughty corner" where it has been for some time. I don't have paper-piecing with mine, which is the problem. Thanks for faithfully linking up with all of us at Design Wall Mondays, Judy