Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Pumpkin runner


A challenge was made by the leader of our Sew Vintage group to make something using the pumpkin block in the new Farm Girl Vintage 2 book by Lori Holt.  I went home and just had to play with both sizes (12" and 6") of blocks and this was the result.  I was going to just use some fall fabrics but it ended up with a subtle Halloween theme.  Guess I have that holiday on the brain lately.


I bought the orange fabric, but everything else was from my stash, including the batting.  I pulled a couple of black Halloween prints for the border and the centers of the pumpkins.  The matchstick quilting that I did on the map pillow was repeated here, but not quite as successfully.  And on the back I used unbleached muslin, which wrinkled in a couple of places.  But if it's laying on a table no one will see the back.  

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

very cute...it's that time of year isn't it!

Tired Teacher said...

Great runner - the matchstick quilting looks wonderful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I love it!

Ramona said...

It's adorable! Love the spider web borders.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

This is so cute, I just love pumpkins and I think your quilting looks great. Love it!