Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Other projects close to finish line


This small panel of a US map was one of my purchases on the Iowa bus trip back in June. As soon as I saw it at Hearts and Hands in Sioux City I knew I wanted to make a pillow out of it.  This was another project laying around with just a little progress.  It had been sandwiched with batting and a plain muslin back, but then I wasn't sure how I wanted to quilt it.  But I saw an "art quilt" last week (thanks Brenda) that was quilted with simple straight lines about a half inch apart. I loved how it looked and did just that on my map panel.  I need to find a fun fabric to use to make the envelope back for the pillow.  It will be about 20" square. 


I picked up my Christmas quilt from the long arm quilter on Saturday after guild.  She used a pretty gold thread which works great with the fabrics. I have enough of the green backing to make binding for this one.  Maybe I'll get it bound this week.  


1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

That's a fun panel - I love the way the names are individualized, like North & South Dakota. Straight line stitching looks fabulous on this panel.