Pages

Monday, September 18, 2023

Design Wall Monday - September 18

 It was a good weekend, and I actually feel ready to tackle a new week.  Saturday morning I left - by myself - to drive to Sioux Falls for grandson Jack's flag football game.  And I left early enough to make a couple of stops to shop before the game.  Can't remember the last opportunity I had to shop without an impatient husband along.  He had golf plans for the whole weekend, so he didn't miss me at all. LOL


One of my stops was at Hobby Lobby where I had time to just browse.  I picked up some 40% off bargains to add to this basket for the silent auction at the guild quilt show coming up.  I found a coffee cup, and matching paper plates and napkins.  I also tucked in the 2 pumpkin mug rugs that I made.  


Thinking of more pumpkin mug rugs happened of course. So Sunday after Dave left for the golf tournament I pulled out the bin of orange scraps, and made 6 strip sets for more pumpkins.  Two of those almost immediately joined the pile of mug rugs ready for finishing.


Tucked into the project box full of orphan blocks were these 2 leftover Lori Holt blocks that I had completely forgotten about.  These identical Canning Jar blocks are now in the mug rug pile too.  Notice that little chunk of grey binding?  That's all that is left of one more leftover binding strip from that drawer.  It feels great to use things up.

My Design Wall is currently controlled by scrappy projects.  What's on yours?

7 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

That is one cute basket full you are donating! HL is a great place to shop for all decorating needs. The fabric dept. isn't bad either.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sounds lovely!!
that little gift basket is so cute!!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The silent auction basket will be a popular item at the sale. Clever idea to use the orphan blocks to make mug rugs,too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That made such a cute gift basket! Hope you have a good week!

Kate said...

That's a great basket for the silent auction. It does feel good to see the scrap piles get reduced, even by just a little bit.

Marsha Cooper said...

That's a great basket for the silent auction.

Judy Hansen said...

Great fall theme for your auction basket. I made some little pumpkin coasters too, and they were a fun project. thanks for joining in the Design Wall Mondays Linky Party. Hugs, Judy