Pages

Monday, September 25, 2023

Design Wall Monday - September 25

 Another start to a new week, and this is a week I've been anticipating for awhile.  Three days from now I'll be getting my second hip replacement.  Late Friday the results of the stress test came back showing nothing new the doctor was concerned about, so I've been cleared for surgery.  It will be a huge relief to be able to walk without pain.  


We'll skip talking about my design wall today because you all know mine is cluttered with way too many projects.  So I'll show you my most recent finish - Pole Star.

This is the quilt that was the project on the Alaskan Cruise back in June.  The pattern and kit was all done by designer Heather Black.  The blocks are ALL paper pieced.  It wasn't difficult, but it was time consuming.  I've grumped about the colors - not my favorites - but I do think the block design is great.  

What really makes this quilt into a beauty is the quilting.  Becki (at The Pin Cushion) suggested the thread color and the stitching design. I could see it would be wonderful even before it was done.  She chose really well.  It's beautiful.  


See - the block design looks amazing in patriotic colors!!

What's on your design wall today?

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm glad you will be able to push forward and get that hip taken care of!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Pole Star is a beautiful finish! Good luck with your upcoming surgery.

Nann said...

A fine finish! Hope the surgery goes well. (Local hospital or do you have to go to the big city?)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for no new developments and the okay to have the surgery, you will feel like a new woman! Your cruise quilt is very pretty!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your cruise quilt is a beautiful finish, and what a good feeling to get a finish right before your surgery! The block is definitely beautiful in patriotic colors. Have a good week - we'll be thinking about you!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Beautiful quilt! I’m happy that your surgery has been scheduled. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yay!!! Your on the schedule!!! Happy Healing that Hip!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE your Cruise quilt - and in patriotics... oh my!!!

cityquilter grace said...

pole star is gorgeous....very nice indeed...hope surgery goes well...

Kate said...

So glad to hear there were not troubles found during the testing. Love your finish, the quilting is really cool.