Pages

Saturday, September 9, 2023

RSC23 Week #36

It's my favorite Saturday of the month! Every second Saturday there is Saturday Sampler at The Pin Cushion in the morning, and then our Sew Vintage group gathers in the afternoon.  The other thing happening today is a Sew Day for our guild, which I may pop into for a little while.  The Sew Vintage group is just my favorite. The photo below is from almost 4 years ago.  A couple of current members are missing from the photo, and one of these ladies has moved away. 


(Sew Vintage group in January 2020)

A second Dutchman's Puzzle block used a slightly darker aqua, along with orange.  I'm making these with batiks for the geese, and scrappy white-on-white backgrounds. 


As I went to hang it up with the first one my brain began thinking ahead on this one. What if I make all of these with aqua batiks, and then change up the other color each month?  Hmmm . . . 


Another Stashbuster block is done, and while I was poking through the greens for the 4 squares in the block, I came across the lime green polka dot strip and made a quick Small Heart block.  


The Boxed Squares project gained 7 more blocks this week, but 2 of them have purple in the center.  That's because I have a bunch of those centers ready for frames and they are in a variety of colors.  Because these blocks are only 6" finished, I'll need a LOT of them to make a good sized quilt.


Check out more Rainbow sewing . . .
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always like the Dutchman Puzzle block

Kate said...

Love the colors in your Dutchman Puzzle blocks. Enjoy your stitching with friends Saturday.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Dutchman's Puzzle with aqua and another color will make a fun quilt design! I like the Stashbuster block, too - aqua and lime green are so pretty together. Enjoy your groups today - sounds like fun!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Those Dutchman Puzzle Blocks are great. I love the combination of teal and orange.

Jenny said...

How nice to have wonderful groups of quilty friends to hang out with. Those black frames with pops of colour look such fun to make.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love the rainbow sewing! Aqua really goes well with orange, doesn't it? So nice to spend the day with quilting friends.

Preeti said...

I love boxed squares. Simple and perfect way to showcase whimsical fabrics. They will make a lovely quilt.

Mari said...

Love the Dutchman's Puzzle blocks. I like your idea to use aqua batiks and another color for them, too. That would make some cool secondary patterns across the quilt. Those framed blocks are going to make a great quilt, too!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good idea with the aqua batiks...that would make an awesome quilt!