Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Big block #1


The new Saturday Sampler program has a mixture of block sizes that is optional.  Each person can opt to buy a "big block" every other month that will be added into the mix with the regular blocks. Of course, I couldn't pass that up, right?

Big Block #1 is done, although I still haven't tackled the 2 regular Saturday Sampler blocks yet.  And actually the center of this 24" block is very similar to the regular 12" block.  

I must confess that I messed up with this block a bit.  The rust color is supposed to be in the center where I have the greenish-brown. But I cut those rust strips only to realize that I didn't have enough to make the pinwheels too - because that border was supposed to be the greenish-brown. Oops!!  But the block still looks OK.  Now I need to get the 2 regular blocks cut out and sewn.  

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

I think the block looks wonderful and not just OK - it's uniquely yours and not a "cookie cutter" block.