Pages

Monday, August 26, 2019

Design Wall Monday - Woven Stars


There will be 9 of these 5" stars in Woven Stars - another Kim Diehl Simple Whatnots pattern.  This one was from last year but I really wanted to get it finished before starting the new one we got at Saturday's class.  I had begun cutting the pieces for it and then set it aside last year.  Shame on me, because this is one that I was excited to make! 

During class on Saturday one of the ladies talked about "giving herself permission" to throw away tiny scraps.  I kept thinking about that phrase and I may have to give myself permission to NOT make every single one of Kim Diehl's patterns. There were a couple of mini quilts in past years that are still in kit form because I just wanted a fan. Maybe it's OK if I don't make all of them. 

Check out Design Wall Monday at: https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/ 



5 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Nice job on the stars, and I'm sure you'll have all nine made soon. I really like this block and can envision it larger, too. I gave myself permission over the weekend to toss small balls of yarn. Yes, I "could" use them, but I really don't want to fuss with them.

Ramona said...

Love these stars! We do need to give ourselves permission to not complete something or change the path midway.

For the love of geese said...

It will be interesting to see when you are finished.

Nann said...

LOL -- I have five of Kim Diehl's books and I haven't made a single one of her designs. Yet. [I splurge when Martingale has its annual warehouse sale with books $6 each.]

Far Side of Fifty said...

:) Lovely squares!