Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Marking quilting lines


How do you mark your quilting lines?

A purple marking pen that disappears in the air after an hour or so is my favorite "go to" marking tool.  But it doesn't show up well on dark fabrics and I needed to mark 4 dark red triangles in this Simple Whatknots project.  I had a couple of white tools - a pen and a pencil.  The pen is a Bohin brand called Iron Marker. The marks it makes wipe off easily with a damp cloth.  But it was just about empty, so I had to pull out the white pencil to finish.  The pencil marks also just brush off with a damp cloth. 

Do I have a preference between these tools?  Not really, but I will probably buy another of these pens because they are a bit neater than the pencil. 

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I have the disappearing ink marker somewhere, but I rarely use it. Sounds like you have a selection of markers. It's nice to have a choice of marking tools.

moosecraft said...

I try to use those chalk pencils...though sometimes they remove a bit too easily! lol! I'm still terrified of the "disappearing ink" pens....as I've heard many stories of the color staining, returning, etc. Plus, I generally keep my quilting (straight line) simple...so I rarely mark quilting lines.