Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Making kits & cleaning out drawers

I decided to pull out all of the "kid" fabrics in one drawer that had enough for a pillowcase - either a cuff or the large bottom section.  And I came up with fabric for 6 pillowcases.  There is still more, but it was a good start.  Yesterday I bought yardage for plain bottoms to some fun cuff fabrics.


I purchased kind of a medium denim blue for the bottoms of 2 monkey pillowcases.  A yellow fit in with the race cars, and a tan works for the frogs.  There was already enough of the "truck" themed fabric to use on the bottoms of 2 more, and I dug into the stash for the blue and red solids for the cuffs.  I had already made some pillowcases out of the trucks so I have no idea why I had about 4 yards of it.  

Under my needle already is the last of the kits I had made before, which is light blue with yellow rubber duckies.  

Pillowcases are such a fun and easy bit of sewing, even when I don't have a lot of time.  I recently donated 7 to a children's project in Cincinnati that a friend is working on.  And then last week I took 2 pillowcase kits to the Abbott House for the girls to sew. Both were used and the little bonus is that those 2 bicycle themed pillowcases can be struck from my UFO Challenge list because they are done.  Even though I didn't make them, I did help teach the girls to sew them. 

Check out Design Wall Mondays at:  https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

These cute fabrics will make great pillowcases. I haven't made pillowcases in a long time. I have some fabrics that would be perfect, so perhaps I'll do that this week.

Moneik said...

Great job! I have 8 or so cut out, but they will all probably wait until next month. We leave Wed. for 3 weeks at Hart Ranch and I won't take my serger with. I also got a hair brained idea to make shorts for my kids. We'll see how it goes.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

That's so cool! I always stalled at pillowcases back in the day when you needed to send one with a QOV was made. Thank goodness for sewers who make pillowcases! :)