Pages

Friday, August 7, 2020

Dipping my toes into purple

 

I stopped at The Pin Cushion to pick up my last Saturday Sampler block pattern the other day, and just had to browse.  A little retail therapy is always good, right?  One of the things that caught my eye and came home with me was a purple fat quarter.  

This month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge color is purple so I guess it was on my mind. But this yummy batik is such a pretty color - more orchid rather than a deep saturated purple.  I had to have it.  And it made a gorgeous Ohio Star block to add to the collection.  It will also appear in at least one of the Gingham blocks for sure.  

Can't wait to lay all of these blocks out to see what they are looking like.  Maybe after work today I'll have a chance to do that. 

9 comments:

Ramona said...

I like that purple!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

That is a very cool purple!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Nice design on the fabric! I like how it looks in the star - giving it some movement. Fun

Deb A said...

I can see why that fabric had to go home with you. It is lovely.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a pretty fabric! It worked really well for the Ohio Star, too!

Marly said...

Indeed lovely fabric; I wouldn't have been able to resist it either!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That FQ made a gorgeous PURPLE block for the RSC, Sara!!

gayle said...

That gorgeous purple certainly made a gorgeous star!

Susie H said...

Wow! That was a beautiful Fat Quarter and made a gorgeous Ohio Star block. I can see why it had to come home with you. Retail therapy IS good for the soul!