Pages

Monday, August 31, 2020

Design Wall Monday - August 31

What's on your design wall today? Mine is full of projects.  Check out a few more at:
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

Sunday sewing saw some progress on a few things and was so relaxing. I didn’t make a dent in the mess, but I sure enjoyed the sewing time.


Bringing Home the Tree (Lori Holt pattern) is a completed flimsy.  It's 37" wide and 24" high.  At this point I haven't decided for sure if it's going to be a pillow or a wall hanging. It would be cute as either.  Don't you love the green plaid border?  I was looking for a Christmas-y print, but the plaid really spoke to me at the shop. 


My scrappy Patriotic Pinwheels is done and paired up with a backing, ready to quilt.  This is 24" square and mad entirely from scraps left after making Quilts of Valor blocks.  The pinwheels were corners trimmed off of star blocks.  


And I finished the binding on the geranium table runner.  This is another of the 60 degree runners made from border prints that I've had in my stash.  I purchased this one as part of a kit in a shop in Iowa on the guild bus trip in 2019.  The quilting on this is a flower with lots of swirls - done in a variegated green thread on the front and a grey on the plain grey backing.  I love how it turned out.  

Now I still have those new border prints to turn into more runners.  I believe I'll need to give a few away as gifts because I've made quite a few table runners during the pandemic - and before.   

13 comments:

Bonnie said...

Lots of fun eye candy here. I particularly like the little table runner. (Or at least it seems small -- which I like rather than 50" long runners...) I have that ruler and at least one pattern for it... maybe I should try to make something with it!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Ooh, I love ALL of these projects! The green plaid looks fabulous as the border on the Christmas block. I adore the geranium runner: the fabric works perfectly with the pattern.

LA Paylor said...

all of it adorable. What a gift to be a quilter and make beautiful things to look at in the house!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun projects! your truck and tree one is soooo cute!!!

Shepherdess55 said...

I think the plaid/gingham check border is perfect for your Bringing Home the Tree. It nicely complements some of the fabrics in the tree.

Far Side of Fifty said...

perfect border for the car and tree! Your table runner is so bright and cheerful...love geraniums!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your runners are beautiful.that green fabric is perfect
Love love it

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Love the Bring Home a Tree block...so cute...the table runner is awesome...it looks so real. Have a great day!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty reds! I love Bringing Home the Tree - what fun!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow, nice sewing! The green plaid is the perfect border for the Christmas top, the pinwheels are great, and I love the table runner. House plus love equals home--so true!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Way to work some RED into your projects, Sara!!

grammajudyb said...

Wonderful red project! Red trucks are so cute! I have only made one table runner with a border print and the 60 degree ruler, but they are fun!

Deb A said...

Oh I just love that first bringing home the tree quilt with the green border. It sets it off beautifully!