Pages

Monday, January 8, 2024

Design Wall Monday - Jan. 8

What's on your design wall today? 
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

Mine is full of multiple projects, some nearly done and some in various stages of progress. The 4-Square Star is nearly a completed flimsy.  It needs an outer border. 


I had enough of this red print in the stash and have the border strips all cut and ready to sew onto the quilt - this week sometime. 


I've been setting aside some projects to take with me later this week when I go stay at my daughter's house with the kids and dog while the parents take a much needed vacation.  I need some things to work on when the kids are in school, plus I'll be there from Wednesday afternoon until the next week Friday morning.  I'll need to stay busy. 


It's a snow day in most of the southeast part of SD today. This is the beginning of a winter storm.

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The 4 Square Star is a great design! It will make a beautiful QOV. Have a great time with your grands. I bet they will keep you busy!

Vicki in MN said...

I wondered if the storm had hit? You do such a nice job with the QOV fabric combinations, the striped border is perfect.

Bonnie said...

Have a good time with the grands and yep, sewing while they are at school is a great way to keep busy. It's like a retreat but with some cooking included and the fun times with the grands. Your patriotic quilt is coming along great.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That Quilt of Valor looks awesome! I heard SD was getting a blizzard. Looks like it will miss us but Arctic air is coming. Have fun with your grands:)

Kate said...

The QOV is looking good! Hope you have a nice visit with the grandkids and find a bit of time to stitch while you are there. Stay warm!

cityquilter grace said...

i just love RWB quilts and this is no exception!